- The bed along the fence is edged and weeded.
- The sprawling roses are now tethered to the fence.
- The daylilies and irises are planted.
- The pot ghetto under the apple tree has been cleaned up.
- The seedlings and rooted cuttings are outside where they will winter over.
- The 'meadow' is weeded and raked and ready to be sown with wild flowers and native grasses.
- The seedling wildflowers are planted in the 'meadow'.
- The asparagus has been cut back.
- I have started building this year's compost hump.
- The blueberries are weeded and ready to mulch.
- The fig is wrapped in row cover and mulched with a couple of bags of leaves I begged from a neighbor.
- Dug the red twig dogwoods out from under the big pine tree, planted 4 in the back hedge and gave the rest to my neighbor.
Still to do:
- Mulch the blueberries. I'm going to fill in around them so they become an
extension of the mulched edge at the back of the lot.
- Shovel up last year's compost hump and see how it did under the burlap
- Weed and mulch the main rose bed.
- Once I'm sure the weather will stay cold I will sow the 'meadow'.
- Repair the garden shed roof. The poor shed needs to be replaced but this
should get me through the winter.