Sunday, February 28, 2010

Things for putting things in

I received an email from SKS Bottle & Packaging, a distributor of plastic, glass and metal containers in upstate New York. Their representative, Kate Rosenberg, says:

"Our site features an index of gardening containers that could be useful for many projects, from seed storage and seedlings to feeding plants and composting. This index could offer both the novice and seasoned gardener many great ideas!"

Site Name: SKS Bottle & Packaging

I took a look and agree that it's a good resource. I am even more interested in their bottles and pots for homemade cosmetics and such. I make a hand salve, a last ditch treatment for gardeners' hands.

I take shea butter that I order from this fair trade site. I warm it in a sauce pan with an equal quantity of almond oil. I pour it into little pots and let it cool. I keep all but the container that's in current use in the refrigerator. I have used four ounce canning jars but these are much nicer.

While you're looking at the shea butter, take a look at these market baskets. I have one I take to the local farmers' market on Saturdays. Most weeks someone asks where they can get on like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to ask for the word verification. I started getting spam comments recently.