Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Still life with apples

From TTH200811


I have a big old apple tree at the corner of my back porch. There's no record of what type it is but a neighbor said he think it might be a Stayman. At any rate the apples are wonderful, very crisp and tart. The tree is way too big to spray even if I were incline so I will not bite directly into an apple without dissecting it first. Here are the last few in a plastic trug purchased from White Flower Farm though they're pretty widely available. It's lightweight and very sturdy and I find myself using it even more than my usual cheap plastic laundry baskets for weeding and hauling around the yard.


From Garden20070620

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to ask for the word verification. I started getting spam comments recently.