Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wildflower meadow - 2008

Here are some pictures of my new wildflower meadow as of July. The wretched looking red shed is now a thing of the past. I'll show you my nice new one in another post. Follow the label 'meadow' to see the history of this project.

I hadn't expected that I would see many blossoms this first year since I had read that a lot of prairie plants spend their first year growing roots. I was pleasantly surprised at the number and variety of blossoms. The meadow buzzed all summer and into September with honey bees, bumble bees, butterflies and hummingbirds.

From TTH200811



From TTH200811


From TTH200811


Wildflower meadow with heavily laden peach tree

From TTH200811

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to ask for the word verification. I started getting spam comments recently.